Organising Meeting for Women’s Strike Assembly London
Wednesday 31st January 2018 6pm – 9pm
Mayday Rooms, 88 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1DH
Agenda for the meeting:
- Report back – update on pledges to strike, outreach, public events,
- Working Groups:
1. Media and communication,
3. Base Unions
4. Activating Parents, mothers and Carers
- On the Day – 1pm Russell Square, Actions, 7pm Soho
Next Organising Meeting 14th February 2018 – with drinks and red feminist horizon social after the meeting.
Cant make the meeting but want to be involved?
- Distribute leaflets in your neighbourhood, workplace – leaflets are available at meetings, Common house and Mayday Rooms
- Put up 10 posters in local cafes in their neighbourhood or one at work – posters will be available by 2 Feb.
- Put stickers everywhere – on the streets, in the toilets
- Write a #whyistrike post – can be short, long or a poem – about why they are going on strike and post it on social media using #westrike #womenstrike #8M (and send it us so we can add it to our feed
We are open to people of any gender attending the meeting but the strike will led by and prioritise the voices of women and non-binary people. We are trans and sex worker inclusive. We respectfully suggest that men avoid dominating discussion and that they also volunteer for tasks which are traditionally done by women e.g. cooking, cleaning, care.
The meeting will be kid friendly – we will organise care and food for everyone